I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Brianna@Briannasbooksandrandomness! This is the first time I’ve been nominated for this award. Thank you so much Brianna for the nomination!
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
1. When did you learn to read?
My mom had always read to me since I was a baby. From my first faves, Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, to easy read books in preschool, I remember always bringing books to my parents to let me read. By kindergarten, I was reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, with a bit of help from my mom of course.
2. What is one book you want to be turned into a movie/t.v. series?
The Gallagher Girl series was a favorite of mine from junior high school that Disney almost picked up…but nothing has come yet! I think many YA fans would love this series as a movie. But also my love for all Sarah J. Maas books has no bounds. Where are the movies or TV series for these books??? I need a Throne of Glass show or ACOTAR movie.
3. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
I know a certain author has been proving to be a real Umbridge, but it will never change my love for my favorite childhood series, Harry Potter. I didn’t have an easy childhood with things that occurred at home or the consistent bullying in school. Those books were the light in my very dark days. I honestly don’t know who I would be or where I would be honestly without them.
4. What book do you plan to read next?
Outside of my readathon books this month, I cannot wait to start Children of Blood and Bone next month.
5. Who is one of your favorite bloggers or what is one of your favorite blogs?
The first book blogger I ever saw was Meltotheany originally on Goodreads in like 2016. Since, I have loved watching her vlogs, ASMR videos, and honestly reading most of her recs. She has such a kind soul and just seems so down to earth and lovable. She really inspires me in choosing my TBR books and just in my blogging.
6. What is one genre you absolutely hate?
I don’t really hate any genres. I don’t like space setting books much. I usually stay away from those or dystopian because honestly they don’t catch my attention.
7. If you could help one of your favorite authors write a book, who would you choose to write with?
I mean besides Sarah J. Maas or Leigh Bardugo? Definitely Sara B. Larson or Tricia Levenseller. I love Sara Larson’s presence on Instagram. She inspires me so much to just start my day off positive and live a healthier and happier life. Also, I love all her fantasy books. Her book Dark Breaks the Dawn was one of my first 5 books that I added onto my GR TBR list! And I have loved every book of Tricia Levenseller. Two Slytherin personalities teaming up for a book would be pretty wicked, I think 😉
8. Do you enjoy reading more in the morning or at night?
Once I have drunk a few sips of coffee, I prefer reading in the morning. Especially when my elves are not awake. Night time is too busy getting myself ready for 3:30 work alarm and the kids ready for bed.
9. How do you come up with creative ideas for blog posts?
I honestly have just gained inspiration from other book bloggers and just trial and error. I am constantly learning and improving (if my bookstagram is any proof of that).
10. What book did you hate having to read in school?
Honestly, majority of them. I was a bit of a defiant child, not wanting to read any book that teachers told me I had to read. I hated The Kite Runner, The Joy Luck Club, Lord of the Flies, and much more that I just can’t remember. The only books I liked were Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, Anthem by Ayn Rand, and Night by Elie Weisel.
11. Which is better: Marvel or D.C.? (Please say Marvel!)
Hahaha, Definitely Marvel. But I think my opinion is swayed by the fact Marvel got a head start in the multimedia industry and movies before DC. I wasn’t really into superheros until I saw my first superhero movie: The Avengers.
- Who is your favorite author?
2. What made you get into book blogging?
3. What do you do besides reading and blogging?
4. What is your favorite series/book?
5. What book exceeded your expectations?
6. Do you collect bookish items?
7. What book are you most looking forward to releasing this year?
8. If you could interview one author, who would you choose?
9. What is your favorite genre to read?
10. Who are your favorite book characters?
11. What is an underrated book that you read that you wish everyone would read?