Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The topics are scheduled in advance which you can check out here.
This week’s theme is “10 Most Anticipated Releases of the 2nd half of 2019.” I honestly have so many books on my to read list that are set to release these next 6 months, it was very hard to choose only 10 for this list. I managed to narrow it down to 11…that’s pretty good right?
10 Most Anticipated Releases of the 2nd half of 2019
- World of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Release date October 1st, 2019.
So I know it’s not really a book in the series, but anything in the Throne of Glass series I have to buy. This is by far one of my favorite series! There is still yet to be a cover release but knowing SJM’s cover reputation, it’ll be dynamite!
- Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews
- Release date August 27th, 2019.
The first trilogy was filled with action with wonderfully written romance. I am hoping this follows suit. I absolutely loved this series, but hated their covers. This cover is beautiful, but it still looks too…raunchy romance meets James Bond.
- Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco
- Release date September 10th, 2019
These covers are always pretty! I am actually a bit glad this series is ending…It started off really interesting of historical sci-fi. This series turned historical myths into a small reality with a scientific approach, but without the fantasy. The romance in the series has just been dragged along. Also, I’m not a fan of naming the series, “Jack the Ripper series.” It was just the first book that Jack the Ripper applied. Small pet peeve of mine. Review for “Stalking Jack the Ripper” by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young
- Release date September 3rd, 2019.
I love this cover! The synopsis sounds so intriguing.
- Loki: Where Mischief Lies by Mackenzi Lee
- Release date September 3rd, 2019
I love all things Loki—thank you to my best friend Lauren for starting this obsession—so I seriously can’t wait to read a small series that brings a spin on his youth. Seriously hope my high expectations won’t be shattered.
- Supernova by Marissa Meyer
- Release date November 5th, 2019
Another favorite series. Meyer really makes one consider who really are the villains and heroes of this story. Let’s also take a moment to truly appreciate this cover, heck all the covers in this series! I really hope to read more of her and Adrian ❤
Review for Renegades by Melissa Meyer book 1 in the series.
- A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy
- Release Date October 29, 2019
This cover gives me major Frozen vibes. The description of their magick is also very fascinating. I’m quite interested to read a book whose setting isn’t the usual England or America. I can’t think of a fantasy book I’ve read that is set in North Africa!
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White
- Release Date November 5th, 2019 (you should see the amount of books releasing this date that I have on my wish list in my novel companion)
Who doesn’t love a good story set in Medieval England or about King Arthur? I have been anxious to find a good Guinevere story. Hoping to see some Morgan Le Fey in here too! And talk about beautiful cover much???
- Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Release Date September 3rd, 2019
The church has persecuted people who practice witchcraft for centuries. I am very interested to see how this dilemma plays out. Any book with magic and witchcraft though is put on my “to read” shelf. This cover looks so cool too!!!! (I have a pretty cover obsession)
- Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian
- Release Date November 26th, 2019
This reminds me of the Maze Runner series…Also, totally another cover that made me originally add this to my “to read” shelf.
- The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
- Release date October 15, 2019
“Two sisters broke the world, two sisters will save it.” Frozen meets Mad Max. The cover really gives a visual insight into the world Chupeco may be trying to create 🙂
Any of these books fall on your to read list? What books are you most looking forward to being released this year? Leave a comment 🙂